Thursday, August 16, 2012

Romance vs Erotica vs Erotic Romance- Any difference??

So, what is the big damn difference?

To me, nothing really.

Although I prefer a lot of naughty with my nice, I can, yes, even me, can get into a sweet romance that makes me feel all warm and gooey inside-

Now, I feel that erotica writers should try a romance or two just for the fun of it as I feel the same way with romance writers.
The sweet, "purple prose" users should dive into using words such as ( cover your eyes if squeamish!)
FUCK, CUNT, COCK, BALLS, TITS, ASS, THRUST, SPANK, PUSSY, DICK, etc, etc.

And for us erotica writers, there is nothing wrong with describing a sex scene like this:

He lay her gently across the satin duvet, covered her body in sweet kisses and became one with her until the rising tides of thier passions left them dizzy and complete, thier love glowing.

See! Even I can do it!

(Ok I admit it, that did make me laugh a little, but you get where Im going, right?)

All I'm saying is that every writer should test thier range, go against the grain and try something new at times

Hell, I'm doing it with my upcoming works...And I feel just damn fine, thank you very much!

Who's with me???

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love both forms! I have noticed though that a lot of erotica is shorter than erotic romances. Great post! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Im happy that you enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AUTUMN HARVEST BLOG HOP

    Thank you the opportunity to get acquainted with all these new books!

    I love autumn with all the brilliant colors: oranges, yellows and reds of leaves. I love crisp, cool mornings where the sky is so blue it looks endless and the air is so fresh in your lungs. I love snuggling up in a warm throw on a cold autumn day with a good book. Of course, I love snuggling up with a good book about anytime of the year. I love Thanksgiving because it is a time to remember all the many blessings in my life and express thanks. I love baking spicy pumpkin pies with dollops of cream.

    The last book I finished was “Unravel Me” by Kendall Ryan. I liked it because the hot story line was so unexpected. I also love the steamy passion along the likes of Sylvia Day and Sylvain Reynard, but I hate mentioning favorite authors because the list is long. I appreciate the many styles authors use to weave stories of mystery, love, intrigue, preternatural and inspiration. I love reading because I can go anywhere, any time in my mind and imagine indescribable things.

    Thank you for doing the Autumn Blog giveaway.

    Gail djgandyfan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete